Saturday, July 5, 2014

Summer exchange

I have been enjoying following blogs and have wanted to try to create my own blog for some time. Here goes, please be patient! I will be sharing my love of cross stitch, quilting, family and life in general.

This month brought opening day for our summer exchange at Needlecraft Haven. Here is the beautiful bookmark and gifts that I received from my partner Michele.


Thanks so much Michele. I love to read so what a perfect surprise this was.


Here is the gift that I sent to Michele. I stitched one of the patterns from Summer Crazy by Lizzie Kate and tucked it into a watermelon hanger. I hope Michele enjoys!


I am really enjoying the exchanges that Clare organizes and have already signed up for the Autumn exchange.

A short post but a beginning!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Debra, I am proud to be your first commenter. Lovely exchange pieces and your blog is going to be wonderful, I am sure. Please add Google Connect/followers, too so I can be your first follower not just on Google+. hugs, Kaye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kaye,
      Thanks so much. I am having fun, but have much to learn. I was not able to find connect/followers. In a search it sounds like that has been removed. Hope I added the correct gadget!

      Delete
  2. Good luck on starting your blog! Mine is only a few months old but it's been great fun!
    I love the watermelon piece you stitched!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frances,
      Thanks for visiting my blog. I am having fun and am enjoying meeting other stitcher's and seeing all of the wonderful projects.

      Delete